Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's officially a week away...

51 weeks ago today we were one week away from meeting Sean Edward. Yes, it is one week until his 1st birthday, and I absolutely cannot believe it. It's fun to think about what we were doing this time last year. A year ago this very weekend Sean and I spent the night at our good friends, the Dokes, house keeping their sweet Emma Rose while they celebrated their 4th year anniversary and got ready for the arrival of their 2nd precious daughter, Sophie (born just 9 days after SE). We had no clue in a week's time we would be meeting our first born son. SE has been an absolute delight to our lives. He is so joyous and is constantly smiling and laughing. I believe he will definitely have his daddy's love for meeting and getting to know people...at H/C he will crawl right into the center of where people are and just look around and smile at them. Currently he has become this fearless little guy who lets go, tries to take steps and will uproariously laugh in your face in an effort to get you to laugh back at him. He gives hugs and kisses, says bye-bye, claps for himself and others, started saying nanna this week much to my mom's delight, and is just an overall amazing little person. Before I was a mom, I had friends' babies whom I loved, but I never knew until I had Sean Edward what an impact such a small life could have. He has taught me more about the love of Jesus in his one year of life than I have learned in a lot of mine prior to him. I cannot wait to see where God takes SE throughout his life. Baby boy, you are so loved by God, by your mom and dad, nanna and papa and many, many others. I have no doubt you will impact many lives with the love of our Father. He has told me you will do great things for the Kingdom of God, be under His protection and in His hands. I believe you will be a strong man of God, a protector of those who can't protect themselves, a seeker of truth and wisdom, and that you will be able to love people exactly where they are in life. Sweet Sean Edward, you are an amazing and completely awesome little man. Here is one of my favorite first pictures of my son taken of course by my amazingly talented and selfless friend, Holli Brewer.








Okay I lied here is another one I like almost equally as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment