Sunday, September 12, 2010

Big transition!

With the upcoming arrival of our new little one, I wanted to give SE a head start with sleeping somewhere other than his crib...enter his big boy bed and the other changes to his room. We didn't really change the walls or anything, just took out his crib, the changing table and a bookcase and set up his big boy bed and a chest that has been in my family forever, and I decided to repaint and antique it a little. Here are the befores and afters!

SE's room before



SE's room after




Here is the chest's transition...it began white...
Then went to brown...
Then to red...
And finally the finished product!

I'm happy to report that really only after two long nights, SE is happily putting himself to bed now. Sean and I still accompany him of course, but he's actually excited to run into his room and jump in his bed and doesn't cry when Sean or I leave. Naps have been hit or miss, but I'm sure we'll get those down soon too. Oh and if anyone needs red, gold or brown paint, please let me know...I have a ton left over!

2 comments:

  1. stacie, awesome job!!!! you are SO creative!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresser turned out awesome! And congrats to SE for graduating to a big boy bed. He'll have to give Jude some pointers!

    ReplyDelete